Exemption from Tax Withholding: Do you need an ITIN?

Form w7 exemption from tax withholding

If you sell books through Amazon or CreateSpace, or earn income as a creative indie or authorpreneur through any other US based business, you will need to complete a W-8BEN form if you want to claim an exemption from tax withholding. Figure out whether you should use your local tax ID, an EIN or ITIN, and how to complete the W-8BEN to receive all of your royalties instead of losing 30% to Uncle Sam.

Like This? Share it to spread the love: