Exemption from Tax Withholding: Do you need an ITIN?

Form w7 exemption from tax withholding

If you sell books through Amazon or CreateSpace, or earn income as a creative indie or authorpreneur through any other US based business, you will need to complete a W-8BEN form if you want to claim an exemption from tax withholding. Figure out whether you should use your local tax ID, an EIN or ITIN, and how to complete the W-8BEN to receive all of your royalties instead of losing 30% to Uncle Sam.

Like This? Share it to spread the love:

How to Prepare for Public Speaking

prepare for public speaking

The fear of public speaking is right up there with fear of drowning and waking up naked in the middle of the high street for a large chunk of the population. If you’ve been asked to speak in front of an audience, though, there are a few things you can do to make the whole ordeal less traumatic. As an author, coach, or other creative indie, you’ll probably be approached to talk in a group setting at some point, so you might as well prepare for public speaking.

Like This? Share it to spread the love: